Meet the Programme Leader: Genomic Medicine and HealthcarePublished: August 13, 2021
Meet Professor Dr John N. Giannios, Programme Leader on our Genomic Medicine and Healthcare PgDip course.
About Genomic Medicine & Healthcare Programme Leader, Professor Dr John N. Giannios
Prof Dr John N. Giannios has a rich and varied background in medicine, with significant experience in the field of genomics. He has presented more than 1,000 lectures and authored reviews and chapters in specialized medical books.
Additionally, Prof Dr Giannios has received more than one hundred world-class medical awards from global medical congresses in the USA and Europe for discovering novel precision and personalised medicine therapeutic approaches based on multiomic evidence and targeted by nanomedicinal-systems mainly in oncology, cardiology, psychiatry, neurology, immunology and other medical specialities.
He was named one of “The Top 25 Voices in Precision Medicine” globally by BIS Research (USA), and Insights Monk recognizing and featuring the most elite, respected and knowledgeable influencers and thought-leaders in the field of precision medicine at a global stage.
- Professional Doctorate in Translational Cancer Medicine, MDX, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate, Distinction, Translational Medicine, Medical School, UOE, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma, Distinction, Translational Medicine, Medical School, UOE, UK
- MSc, Translational Medicine, Medical School, UOE, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma, Distinction, Genomic Medicine & Healthcare, USW, UK
- Full member of the British Society of Genetic Medicine (BSGM) & Clinical Genetics Society (CGS), UK
- Full member of the National Society of Genetic Counselling (NSGC)- Precision Medicine (SIG), USA
- Full member of the Genomic Medicine Alliance (UK)
But wait…what exactly IS Genomic Medicine?
Genomic medicine is an emerging medical discipline that involves using genomic information about an individual as part of their clinical care. It is the study of our genes, and their interaction with our health. Genomics investigates how a person’s biological information can be used to improve their clinical care and health outcomes. Our Genomic Medicine and Healthcare course has been developed for healthcare professionals and will provide a solid foundation in the core concepts of genetics and genomics applied to modern medicine and healthcare.
If you would like to read more from Prof Dr John N. Giannios, you can read his article where he discusses precision genomic medicine systems including epigenomics against COVID-19. Or if you are interested in this course, you can find more information and apply for our September 2021 intake here.